Get Rid of Old Lady Arms With 5 Easy Home Exercises For Seniors
Have you been wondering how to get rid of old lady arms?
Flabby underarms can make you self-conscious of your body image, especially if you are well into your senior years. You think twice about wearing sleeve dress dresses and worry about what people would think or say when you raise your arms. All the while trying to hide crepey skin on them.
But this does not have to be your story when you can do something about it. Turns out there are plenty of at-home arm exercises to help get rid of flabby arms and make them less noticeable. Also, you are more likely to slow down the onset of old lady arms or bat wings if you know how they come about.
Generally, old age and genetics play the biggest role in the onset of old lady arms. The other factors that cause flabby arms or bat wings are physical;
- Loss of muscle mass in the upper arm
- Reduced elasticity of arm skin
- Weight gain that causes an increase in arm fat
The best way to get rid of old lady arms is by incorporating arm exercises, or doing exercises such as yoga into your fitness routine.
The following arm exercises are excellent for reducing arm fat and toning your arms. You can do them as is or incorporate them into your exercise program.
Another thing to remember is that you are as good as what you eat. Maintaining a healthy diet will not only help you lose fat but will keep your upper body toned for longer. And make sure to stay well hydrated while exercising.
Without further ado, here is how to get rid of old lady arms with 5 easy at-home workouts.
Successful arm toning for seniors is all about balance. As you tone your triceps, you also need to keep your biceps strong and toned as well.
The bicep curl is another easy to do weightlifting exercise that will help you lose arm fat. All you need is a dumbbell in each hand and the determination to see your body transform into a fit and toned version of yourself.
- In a standing position, hold a dumbbell in each hand with the hands gently relaxed to your sides.
- With the palms facing forward holding the dumbbells, raise the weights until they are slightly touching the chest
- Now slowly lower your hands back to the starting position. The slow movement creates tension which is needed to build muscle.
- If you do not have dumbbells, you can use makeshift weights like two cans of beans each weighing 15 oz.
The best starting position for a shoulder press is when seated or standing. As you target the shoulder muscles with this routine, you also work your biceps and, most importantly, triceps.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and raise them to shoulder height
- Keep a perfect form by ensuring your elbows are always below the wrists.
- Now raise the dumbbells above your head and hold them in this position for about two second
- Gently lower your arms back to the starting position.
- Throughout the routine, ensure your back remains straight and never lock your elbows
- Do as many reps as you can or as instructed by a fitness trainer or your exercise routine
- You could also use a barbell in place of a dumbbell
A tricep kickback is a great home workout routine to target stubborn arm fat. Arm movement is important here because many people end up doing a bicep curl instead of a tricep kickback.
- start by hinging your body forward from the hip ensuring your back remains straight.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, raise your elbows so they are in line with the rib cage
- Now extend your arms backward ensuring your elbows are locked in place. This way, you use your triceps to draw the hand backward.
- Do 3 sets with 8 to 10 reps per session. You can vary the speed of the kickbacks to notice better results.
An easy-to-do exercise that requires nothing but two dumbbells of choice. Arm circles tone both the triceps and biceps and they also strengthen your shoulder and back muscles.
- While standing or sitting, hold two dumbbells and extend each arm straight on each side.
- Make circular motions without bending your wrists and elbows
- after about 10 to 20 rotations, change the motion by rotating the arms backward
- Rotating the arms faster or using heavier weights helps build more resistance to tone your arm muscles.
No weights? No problem! Bench dips are a great routine for toning arm muscles by using your body as the weights. You only need a bench or a chair to perform this exercise.
- Start by sitting on the edge of the chair and extend your legs outwards
- With the palms facing downwards for a good grip, lower your body towards the floor
- Keep your back straight and ensure you form a 90-degree angle with your arms as you lower your body
- Do as many dips as you can and rest when needed
- To vary the intensity of the exercise, suspend your feet on a bench or chair of equal height.
Get rid of crepey arms with our moisturizing serum!
As you work on losing body fat around the arms, you want to ensure your skin remains youthful throughout your weight loss journey.
Our Trupure Organics Crepe Cream is perfect for getting rid of unsightly wrinkles when getting rid of old lady arms.
We only used the best natural ingredient to bring you a product that is FDA approved for wrinkle reduction on your skin.
- Aloe leaf juice softens and hydrates your skin.
- White mulberry leaf reduces aging spots and evens out your skin tone
- Barley seed contains vitamins to slow down aging and reduce skin redness
- Kakadu plum is rich in antioxidants and vitamins to reduce black spots, make the skin firm, and restore its elasticity.